Friday, May 11, 2007

A Ludwig Van Beethoven Mystery.

Stll no news so we try Twitter!



Where is the original painting of Beethoven and the Nymph playing the Flute? How many copies of the print exist? Did the same artist create the image of Beethoven used on the CD?

The Beethoven-hous Bonn Museum people are checking the scan I sent them.

Where is the media when they are needed!
Just one imaginative editor is all that is required to launch this story world-wide.

Meanwhile I'll do it myself :-)

The print from Edward Gross Co NY depicts a painting of the great Composer Ludwig Van Beethoven by Joannes de 'Tahey'? the name is a little indistinct. The yellowed and crinkled print in a black laquered frame appears to be quite old. It is a picture of Beethoven I have never seen before..and I have been reading about the composer for more than 40 years!
Any info would be appreciated. Maurice_Colgan@yahoo.com